Saturday, February 23, 2008

A girl and her jewels! Bangles!!!!

Okay- I decided that since I adore gems and jewels- I should learn to make some for myself and lovely supportive family and friends. Fun and KA-CHING! I have done a lot of soldering (thank you for teaching me D) and now the Metalsmithing! This is so fabulously exciting....I MADE MY OWN STERLING BANGLES...really, I did! Yesterday in class I made my own bezel and will be setting an Amethyst. I can't wait to complete this charm for my bangle- did you know the Amethyst is a healing stone? It is my middle sons birthstone too! He is a healer in my life- soothes my heart. My teacher is fab and I love to get up and learn about soldering with torches and building wonderful designs that are my creation. The medallion I made is an abstract to represent my sons, I am so proud of all that I am learning. I would love to make and sell my bracelets someday! I will visualize this! I am thankful for creativity in my life each day! 

No comments: