Sunday, February 17, 2008

February Frenzy!

Hello all fellow art lovers! I have had a fast paced past few days. Last Friday I went to my metalsmithing class (Leslie is a great teacher!) and wow, it was great. I am absolutely loving working with the metals! I have already completed a wonderful organic design pierced into Sterling Silver and soldered the back to the arched top piece, this entire piece took several classes to complete. I love it! We also blackened the inside to give depth, I am very proud of this first effort. My son said the design I created would be  a great new symbol for our family. My design is an abstract of three branches sprouting their leaves-hence one branch per son in the design! Anyway, I think my guys are amazed at what I am learning! I adore bracelets...I MADE my own CUSTOM sterling silver bangles on Friday-holy cow...they are great! I am so excited for this next Friday because we will learn to bezel set stones as charms for the bangles!!!!! This class makes me pay attention and gets my attention...what girl wouldn't want to know how to make her own jewelry? Well, this lil gal is learning and so happy to be. I do find myself smiling alot when I am there, so I believe I am being authentic to part of my art media dream pursuit! I will keep you posted on the progress in that class-thanks Leslie for all of your kindness and support! 
I met Denise at the Lakewood Antique Market on Friday after Deb and I went to class. I bought some old sheet music-Dvorak (my sons studied him in music appreciation at college last year) and a fabulous little drawer that had no place or purpose! Hmmm. I will find some way to use and alter the boxy drawer further. 
I came home and began making "knob hangers" and charms for St. Patty's Day, so lovely, I added beads and beautiful hand dyed silk ribbon that I bought at Grosgrain Annies at the Lakewood Market. Her ribbons are so wonderful- the colors and soft texture is really nice. One day I hope to learn how to dye my own ribbon-I would love to make my own colors! I love color!
I brought the other little pieces I made to the booth and walked around, complimented other fabulous booths and came home in a big storm.
Tomorrow I will work on some other larger altered art piece and upload new product photos and descriptions to my Etsy shop.
Oh, I did sleep and eat and hug a few kids during the process of the weekend.
Art is wonderful! Lots to do...be back soon! Hugs and Kisses to all my artsy pals.
I made a sale at my booth at Q of H over the weekend, I hope that trend keeps up because I am so busy but really enjoying the work I am doing! So thanks to whoever bought one of my pieces, it makes me happy that someone else loves what I do.  Hope something sells on my Etsy sight soon too! 
I went with a friend and took pictures of the "Sassy" booth today and will hopefully get some posted over the next few days. I stayed and straightened up, we do get lovely compliments which is also very nice. 

No comments: